Carmen did this meme a little while ago, and now Linda put it up on her site, and since I slept through morning mass and have to go tonight instead I might as well use the time to do the meme. So, without further ado:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before? Learned how to juggle having four kids. Went to BlogHer. Took a weekend to myself. Bought a brand new minivan (instead of a used one).
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Well, I made a few babysteps on them. I did make some babysteps toward the clutter issue; we gave away or threw away a ton of stuff, and I learned how to better manage the stuff that comes into the house. I didn't go back on the diet but I did start eating better as a whole, using Carmen's success as a model, and as a result have lost about 20 pounds and kept the downward trend. I also got help with my postpartum depression, and am making babysteps toward being that better mom. I'm not going to make more this year; I just want to continue on a positive trend.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, these lovely people just had their second child a week ago. And while I am not close to her, I have been an avid reader of her blog, and Julia just had her twins, too.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Yes, unfortunately, you ten regular readers know I lost my beloved grandfather this year.
5. What countries did you visit? Do you know I've never been out of the country in my life? You do now.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Better control of my finances. More time to myself. A paying blog or freelance writing job.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? April 23, the day my grandfather passed.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Setting off on my own to go to BlogHer. Getting Best of Blog Exchange a couple of times.
9. What was your biggest failure? Not recognizing postpartum depression sooner.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Oh, that would have to be this.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Bill Maher. MySpace. Facebook. President Bush.
14. Where did most of your money go? Mortgage. Food. Gas.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Um...anything in High School Musical 2 (no, I don't get out much).
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? a) sadder b) thinner c) a bit richer in finances, poorer in spirit
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Live in the moment. Play with my kids. More writing.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Yelling, screaming, breaking things.
20. How did you spend Christmas? Quietly, at home.
21. Did you fall in love in 2007? Only more deeply with my husband and kids.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Ninja Warrier or Deadliest Catch.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? I don't hate people; they disappoint me and make me angry, but I don't HATE anyone, with the one exception of my sister's first husband, who beat her. And that's nothing new for 2007.
24. What was the best book you read? Oooh, toughie. I read a lot. LOT. Probably Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
26. What did you want and get? Treatment for PPD. A new minivan.
27. What did you want and not get? Eternal serenity. A new house. A housekeeper to clean the new house. A personal chef.
28. What was your favorite film of this year? Um, I don't get out much. Bourne Supremacy, maybe.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 37. I didn't really do anything special on my birthday, but BigDaddyFish and I went out by ourselves, which is always a good thing.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Not to have had PPD.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Oh, HAHAHAHA. How about Mod Unwashed Mother of Four? Does that cover sweats with breastmilk and spitup stains and mashed bananas on them?
32. What kept you sane? Therapy. Lots of it.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Fancy? Are we british now? I have a thing for John Cusack, but that's nothing new. In fact, some say my husband looks remarkably like him.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? The Iraq war, even though I don't blog about it. I can't. It's too emotionally charged because my cousin serves in the Navy. The only one I blogged about was breastfeeding, which isn't so much a political issue anymore as a social issue, since it's legal, just a bunch of buttheads don't want women to do it unless they are shut away in a cave.
35. Who did you miss? My grandparents. My mother. My friends that have moved far away.
36. Who was the best new person you met? I have to name only one? I met so many of my favorite bloggers at BlogHer. I wish I lived closer to them all.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2007. Live in the moment. Slow down. Protect your nose.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. Livin' la vida loca.
Okay, now your turn. Care to play? Post the link in the comments.