Let me 'splain. No, too much, let me sum up. Buttercup is marrying....no.
Here's the short version.
- Approximately two weeks ago, Little Man got pneumonia and missed a week and a half of school. He's in a magnet program that has about 1.5 hours of homework a night. He still isn't caught up.
- Nemo had croup, which fortunately only lasted a day.
- BigDaddyFish has a cyst in his neck that he's had for years, and it started to grow. It got big enough that it needs to be removed, but he never had time to deal with it, and it's still considered elective even though it needs to come out. It got infected about the same time Little Man developed pneumonia. BDF went in and I'll save the horrid details, but the short version is that they didn't give him an antibiotic, it's still infected, surgeon can't operate until the infection is gone, surgeon suspects staph, gave antibiotic, and he has to go back in three weeks. So it can mess with another holiday because one isn't enough.
- While he was at the doctor, someone hit BDF's car in the parking lot and dented it badly and didn't leave a note.
- Trout started running a fever last Thursday, and was diagnosed with pneumonia yesterday. She's had three doses of antibiotic and is still rocking along around 102 degrees.
- My mother-in-law had a knee replacement and isn't healing as well as everyone had hoped.
- I am not ready to blog about it yet, but Nemo has some issues we're working on.
I. Am. Exhausted.
Yesterday at the pediatrician's office the nurse practitioner looked at me and said "You look like you could use a couple of days at MomSpa."
Indeed. I would settle for a couple of days alone in my house to catch up on stuff. And nap. Excessively.